FAIRMONT HIGH SCHOOL SPORT 2019
“Strive for excellence, live for memories”
SPORT POLICY : THE PLAYER (CODE OF CONDUCT)
It is a privilege and honour to be associated with Fairmont High School Sport and, as a representative of your school, you are reminded that, at all times, your behaviour should be such that you do not bring the name of your school, management, parents or self into disrepute. We appeal to you “The Player” to make this year a memorable one and that you will have a high regard for discipline and the Code of Conduct.
- Players who commit themselves to sport are expected to honour that commitment for the full season.
- Head of Sport Codes, Coaches and Managers expect players to be punctual when arriving for practices, fixtures and meetings, including those held during examination and test weeks.
- Those who commit themselves to play for a team may not “Absent” themselves from practices or matches without a valid reason.
- We expect the players’ manners to be impeccable throughout the year, on and off the field.
- Heads of Sport Codes, Coaches, Managers appeal to players that “no one lets them down” with unacceptable behaviour and that they will adhere to the general rules of the School Code of Conduct where applicable.
- Heads of Sport Codes, Coaches and Managers expect the players to be neat and well turned out throughout the year.
- All players must show restraint in heated situations on and off the field - no swearing or foul language will be tolerated.
- Support from the touchline is to be positive. Unsavoury remarks towards fellow players, opposition and officials are unacceptable.
- Respect for the Referee’s decisions must be shown even if the decision is controversial.
- A true sportsman will not look for excuses if he has lost a match.
- When a player is absent from school or leaves school early on a practice day, he/she will not be allowed to attend the practice in the afternoon unless absenteeism was caused by a valid reason which should then be verified (Doctor’s certificate).
- 13. A player who does not attend a practice will not be considered to be in the starting line-up for the game. (Special conditions apply - funeral/doctor’s certificate etc.)
- 14. When a player is absent from school on a Friday, he/she will not be considered to be in the starting line-up for the game. (Special conditions apply - funeral/doctor’s certificate, etc.)
- 15. In the event of serious misconduct, disciplinary action will be taken against a player, with the punishment of a game, season suspension and withholding the issuing of Team, Merit, Colours and/or Honours scroll for his/her sport code.
- 16. A reminder to you, the player, to be grateful to God for a healthy body and spirit, and that you will strive to live up to that gratitude in your play.
It is important that there should be good communication between players and the Heads of Sport Codes, Coaches, Managers and when any problem(s) small or big arise, to take the liberty of speaking to them or feel free to contact Mr Cronje.